Friday, October 28, 2011

open windows

So, I had this (I thought) really great idea a few weekends ago, that I would go downtown and take some photos of this beautiful little garden sanctuary, which is adjacent to one of the pretty churches in town.


As pretty as this was, their flowers were no longer in bloom, and the shadows were just so-so... it wasn't nearly as photogenic as it was in my memory. So we walked around the neighborhood for a while, and all around the church grounds. Again, I was disappointed that my photos of the church itself were not what I wanted them to be, and of course the beautiful stained-glass windows are only gorgeous when seen from the inside, with the light shining in through them.

And then, I noticed this...


When the windows are partly open, to let the fresh air in, you can see through, to the stained glass on the other side of the building, in all it's colorful glory. What a nice surprise that was!

So the moral of this story is: Just keep hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment