Saturday, April 28, 2012

sunny day

A couple of weekends ago, I had a good friend come into town for the weekend. It was a gorgeous sunny spring day, and the weather was unexpectedly great for that early in the year. I met my friend for lunch on campus, and afterward I headed up to our Capitol hoping to shoot some photos of their amazing tulips.

The Capitol gardeners plant these gigantic tulip bulbs each year, with a differing variety of colors on each side of the building. You really do have to walk around to experience them in all their wonder.

We'd gotten a few nights of frost the week before, so I was a little worried they might already be gone, but they were still glorious, with the sunlight shining brightly through them.






Many miles and several hours later, with a sunburned forehead, and a camera filled with happiness, I started to head back home. And then this little moment of Parisian flair walked by and made my day complete.


1 comment: