Thursday, August 18, 2011

my city


There really are so many pictures to be taken in a city like Madison. The Capitol building alone could (and does) keep me busy... with each change of season, all of the vantage points around town from which you can see it, the ever-changing light, not to mention the detail of the building itself. This shot is from Tenney Park, on Lake Mendota, and the wind that day was whipping the waves up onto the shore. Tenney Park always makes me think of my grandpa, who used to bring my little brother and I here and let us feed bread crumbs to the ducks. And then we'd wait and watch for a boat to come slowly through the locks between the two lakes. Perhaps the best part of this memory is that on any sunny day, you can come to the park and see the ducks, and there are still kids tossing them tiny handfuls of bread crumbs.

1 comment: