Sunday, August 21, 2011

perspective


I'll be the first to admit, some days I just fiddle around with my cameras to see what I'll get. I learn a lot that way about point of view, focus, distance, lighting, you name it. This idea occurred to me after seeing some beautiful museum photos, taken by Eric Tenin, of the Paris Daily Photo blog. He had set his camera on the floor, shooting down the hallway of a Paris museum, and while you could still see all of the art on the walls, it was such an interesting perspective, that I had to try it for myself. This shot felt like a fun mouse-eye view of my parents' yard, and I liked it.

Also, Paris Daily Photo is one of my favorite places on the web, one where I can easily lose hours of my day. His photos make me think about what I shoot in a lot of different ways. Sometimes they're artistic, beautiful sites, sometimes photos of ordinary places and things, but it really opens my eyes to my own city. This blog was originally going to be part of the City Daily Photo circle, look it up some time, there are so many wonderful photographers and cities to explore. However, I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist and commitment-phobe to commit to a daily photo blog (ha); and I really do like to travel a lot, so honestly, posting photos only of Madison, as fun as that would be, felt sort of limiting.

Yesterday was World Photography Day, something that I found really inspiring, and which made me head out the door, cameras in hand, with no particular destination. I hope you are all a little bit inspired to look at your surroundings in different ways, and by all means, take more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment