Saturday, September 3, 2011

found moments


This photo was one of those moments that you just "happen" upon, and which bring me so much happiness. I was leaving the house, heading to work one morning, and this ladybug was resting on some flowers near my driveway. I quickly and quietly went back into the house, grabbed the camera, and caught the moment.

I like to think there are moments like this all around us, every day, if we just keep our eyes, ears and hearts open, and take notice of the little things. Buddhists call this "mindfulness", being present in the moment, living your life being fully aware, and finding peace in what "is" right now. Being aware helps me to feel connected to the whole world around me, especially the natural world. And it helps me to notice the beauty in something so small, like a ladybug on a flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment