Sunday, March 29, 2020

week 2 - finding a new normal

Well, we've all made it through another week of self-distancing. Quarantine week two, if you will.

I'm trying to stay focused when I'm working, not always easy with three cats trying to "help". And I'm really trying to get myself into some sort of daily routine as well. That's proving more difficult, and I'm not sure why. I'd like to think I have more time now to be active, or start to tackle some big house projects that I've been meaning to do. With no commute, and no errands to run after work, no social engagements taking up my evening hours, it seems like now is the time. But scheduling regular walks either at lunch time or after work, some kind of activity to keep myself active, and doing even regular household activities are all taking more energy than I thought they would.

Motivation is hard.

So now I'm telling myself just to be kind. To take it easy. We are all stressed, in ways we're not used to. We worry about our friends and family, the world, our future. It's a lot.

So maybe taking a walk at lunchtime is something I can make into a habit. Fresh air and activity is always good.

But perhaps tackling a million little house projects is going to have to wait. At least for now. And that's going to be okay.

Let's all hang in there. Be kind to yourselves, and to others, please.


No comments:

Post a Comment